[thelist] international friendly form

Miraz Jordan miraz at firstbite.co.nz
Wed Feb 7 00:17:34 CST 2001

At 13:24 -0800 06/02/2001, Michael McGlynn wrote:
>I have a form for User's contact information that must accomodate many
>countries and be context sensitive, i.e. State for U.S., Province for
>Canada. Has anyone done it well or seen it done well?

As a New Zealander I see plenty of forms which *really* annoy me. I
regularly invent Zip Codes and States as we don't have them in NZ
(apparently we *do* have postal codes. I'm sure I even met someone
once who knew what theirs was ...).

A bad one was being directed to Apple Australia to buy some software
online and their form *forced* me to offer  an Australian state as
part of my postal address. Sigh.

<tip author="Miraz Jordan">

Maybe the *number* of people using older browsers and slower
computers is small, but they can still be the key decision makers. In
fact, it's possible they are more likely to be the key decision
makers who are out there in the real world *doing* and only use a
computer occasionally so have little desire or need to keep upgrading.

Make sure your webpages can still be used effectively, even on older
equipment and software.

</tip>

--
Eudora Tips for Macintosh