recruiters (was: RE: [thelist] process question: hi-end multimedia sites)

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Wed Feb 7 14:08:31 CST 2001

While the feedback is appreciated, the question wasn't about recruiters,
really.  I'm working with people I know and like & who have spent some time
with me & gotten to know me.

I have turned down  agencies.  One agency I turned down because I thought
they were idiots.
http://www.evolt.org/article/My_Awesome_Adventure_at_Company_X/25/3009/index.html
Later I discovered they have a rep for (among other things) sending resumes
out en masse, after making work-seekers sign non-compete agreements... nice.

While I think the best leads come from person to person networking, I don't
see the harm in working with a couple of recruiters if they show some
integrity and spend some time getting to know me as a person, and if they
ask permission before submitting my resume for a position.

Erika