[thelist] Website customization

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Wed Feb 7 14:50:31 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Ewing, Christopher [mailto:cewing at mooremedical.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 1:52 PM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: [thelist] Website customization

-Does anyone know what the "big" e-commerce sites are using for their
website
-customization.  Amazon as an example knows that you've ordered in the past
-and customizes the home page to those interests.
-
-We're looking to do something similar, but ideally we want to buy something
-off the shelf instead of building the complex business /datamining logic
-ourselves.

When talking about purchasing an off-the-shelf CRM solution,
the answer depends on how much you are willing to spend.
The top three products are by Eprise, Vignette, and Interwoven;
and they cost approximately $100K each. There are smaller products
with less features and cheaper costs by other companies as well.

But if you don't expect to build your database, then you can only
customize based on the products' templates.