[thelist] C|Net's Redesign / Interesting argument...

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Wed Feb 7 19:29:31 CST 2001

> Personally, I'd like to see a shift to a more content driven advertising
> scheme...
 [bobbit]
> Then on the ones that couldn't be handled by placement (IE: Hollywood
> movies), would be blatantly placed and entertaining. (Think
> "Punch The Palm"or some other game.)

Exactly - good advertising (I generalise) informs and/or entertains *as well
as* delivering a sales/marketing message. As I said, I think that the first
stage, when we bear in mind *why* most people use the Net, is to deliver
information. However, entertainment certainly has its place.

But only, of course, if it *is* entertaining. I don't, for example, have any
desire to punch that bloody monkey...

Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher
AngloINFO