[thelist] Re: Netscape doesn't understand 'base href'? - solved

David McDonald davem2 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 7 19:55:31 CST 2001

Looks like I solved my own problem. Netscape certainly does understand 'base href. It would seem like it is myself who doesn't understand how to use it properly!!!

It was an oversight on my behalf. I wasn't using a trailing slash (/) in my 'base href'. IE puts it in automatically. Netscape doesnt

<tip>
When using 'base href' in your pages, be sure to put in the trailing slash (/) after the URL, as the links with the 'base href' wont work in Netscape without it.

Correct syntax is : <base href="http://www.yoursite.com/">

</tip>
David McDonald

http://www.axs.com.au/~davem