[thelist] What prog. language to focus on???

T.Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Feb 8 08:04:31 CST 2001

At 01:13 AM 2/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
>PHP/MySQL is the best to start with, I'd say.  It's simple, fast, and easy
>to use, but still pack quite a punch.  Even though I know several
>languages by now, PHP is my natural choice for building small tools or
>prototyping large ones.
>
>A great book on the subject (which also helps out a bit with those
>important "fundamentals of programming" skills), is Professional PHP
>Programming.

I am struggling to learn PHP/MySQL and it is a struggle since I do /not/
have a programming foundation. It is easy to learn, although it does take time.

If you really don't know much about programming, could I suggest one of
Julie Meloni's books (PHP Fast and Easy or PHP Essentials)? She had me up
and running right away, but left plenty of room (holes) to leave me wanting
more, so the Professional PHP Programming book will be my next purchase.

~/ a b b e y  /~