[thelist] evolt 404: The explanation

Jake Stetser jake.stetser at headhunter.net
Thu Feb 8 10:43:38 CST 2001

True, but I can build a url that looks like this:

http://lazydeveloper.com/me/myportfolio/1/client1/11/3/index.htm

where the index.htm on the end is just junk and the 'me' is the actual
program.

That's just a matter of using Apache's .htaccess directives.

<FilesMatch me>
ForceType application/...
</FilesMatch>

So there are other options. I do this with PHP, not sure if it can be done
using CF.

Jake