[thelist] bizarre behavior in IE5/Win

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 19:47:15 CST 2001

using IE5.0/win98...

i am experiencing the problem... some guesses, but not tested:

- use of clases in images at top of page...
- use of styled divs with tables that have explicit bgcolors set...
- some bizarre CSS in the linked stylesheet...

try dumping some of that one at a time and test it... feel free to
repost new URLs for testing if you cannot re-create the problem...

> From: Garth Hagerman <hagerman at mail.mcn.org>
[...]
> I recently revised and updated an existing site. I tested it on quite a few browsers, and
> everything was fine, or at least OK. After the new version had been posted for a few
> days, I started to receive reports of pages which were not displaying properly. In fact,
> these unfortunate folks were unable to access any of the catalog listings for the site.
> They could read the index page and the order page, but the guts of the site was mostly
> a bunch of blank screens.
[...]