[thelist] Fwd: Say good bye to free e-mail

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 16 12:10:35 CST 2001

rachell,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Rachell Coe
:
: I received this email today, and although I am
: hoping that you are all going to flame me for
: posting another urban legend :), I had to find
: out if it was true or not -- and figured this
: was the best place to do it.  Have any of you
: heard anything about this?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i've received this particular email about a dozen times in the past 4 years.
you can find out more about it here:

http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/xemailtax.html

and why it's a hoax here:
http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/emailtax.html

<tip type="mailing list etiquette" author=".jeff">

never post an urban legend to a community of people you like and respect.
some will likely crack you over the head with a beer bottle.  instead, be a
smart monkey and do some research at http://www.urbanlegends.com/

</tip>

thanks,

.jeff