[thelist] Resume Critique

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Feb 19 21:17:38 CST 2001

I think it looks pretty good! I'm not partial to the column format you have
setup -- it gives equal weight to everything. I'd be more inclined to go the
traditional route of a single column listing things in order but I think if
you're comfortable with it the way it is then go for it.

Education? If you have a degree, then list it and the school.

Have you tried printing it? This will be crucial -- make sure it looks good.
And, if it doesn't look that great, include a text only version. That's what
I've done on my resume and I've seen it printed out when I've gone in for
interviews so people do use it.
http://www.gawow.com/resume/

You've done a good job by spelling out the few links that you have on the
page. Remembering that someone will probably print this to pass it around
and including the full URL for that reason is a great idea.

- amanda

<tip type="resume">
Send out lots of emails inquiring about and/or applying for jobs? Have a
separate email signature made up that is your resume. Make sure to give it a
quick glance before you send it off and make sure to strip it out or switch
to another sig when emailing your web dev lists.
</tip>