[thelist] this issue of ala (was: Spaking about standards...)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Feb 20 16:10:25 CST 2001

>> www.alistapart.com
>
> Speaking of which, I just searched the archives, and I couldn't find
> a thread spawned by the current issuse of ala. Did I miss it, or was
> I wrong in thinking that this would be a topic of conversation in
> these parts.

hi jay

the listapart article did receive good airplay hereabouts -- the thread
that carried most of it was "[thelist] Tip o'the day (x2)"

perhaps the impact was less on this list than some others because the evolt
site made a similar move three months ago

coincidentally, the article describing the evolt site design just came out
this week, and although it may look like it came out in response to
alistapart's bombshell, it had actually been in the works a lot longer

check the evolt.org site, the site redesign article should be at or near
the top

rudy