[thelist] access & oracle

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 03:37:56 CST 2001

Hi Andrew

As many other people have already posted you can use a Memo field in Access.
However to save you posting again it's worthing noting that with Memo fields
you can only open them once in a Recordset.  So if you're not using the
.GetRows method to rip the information out of the recordset
(http://www.learnasp.com/learn/whygetrows.asp) then you should make sure
that you assign a variable the value of the Memo field straight away.  I
learnt about this hard way when I was trying to figure out why I wasn't able
to get any information out of the Memo field I had created.  Apparantly you
also should reference the Memo field first, but I've never seen any actual
evidance for this in my time of using them.

HTH

Norman