[thelist] access & oracle

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Feb 21 12:08:58 CST 2001

> Apparantly you
> also should reference the Memo field first, but I've never
> seen any actual
> evidance for this in my time of using them.

Actually, you reference the memo (or any blob datatype, like image or text
in SQL Server) *LAST* in your Select statement. This is a byproduct of how
the recordset data is spun off from the db to your recordset object. It also
brings up the (almost cardinal) sin of using Select * instead of naming your
columns, but we can talk about that another time....

sgd