[thelist] Uploading a FrontPage form w/ UltraDev

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 18:06:27 CST 2001

Oooh! Oooh! I can contribute! Thank God, I was starting to feel like the
world's biggest knowledge and help leech.

Hi Shaun, welcome to the list!

I've never worked with UD but I've been working with FP for about 5 years.
The forms are quite useful for beginners, as there's no scripting invloved:
supply an email address, and it's off.

But the functionality is somewhat limited. I suspect that whatever you're
trying to do in UD isn't supported by FP.

The forms use "bots" which are added automatically in the editing
environment when you create the form, and call scripts on the server to
function.

FP also keeps track of all the files created on the HD and the files
existing on the server and compares them during publishing. I'm not sure how
you're "bringing the form back into Front Page" but that could also be part
of the problem. Either drag the HTML form into the file structure on the
left of FrontPage or use file > import. You certainly can't just FTP it to
the server and expect it to work with the extensions there. Not to mention
the fact that FTP and FP are not good friends; you're better off publishing.

In your case, I think I'd move to a standardised cgi mail script and convert
all my forms, if my company had moved away from FP for everything else.

--Bri