[thelist] DNS caching? Tips to override, refresh DNS?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Feb 21 21:58:58 CST 2001

"Daniel J. Cody" wrote:
> Welcome to one of the most frustrating and common problems on the
> internet today :)

Damn djc - that was *awesome*. Thanks a million. The main complaining
clients problem has gone away (this was a client location behind
proxys/firewalls without any changes. We're sending email to the admins
for the local cable affiliate - but I expect it'll just be a matter of
time.

For those curious - when I asked the question, it had been 30 hours
since *we (the developers) had seen the change propogated. My
offshore(well, out of state, I have to be mindful that offshore takes on
new meaning on an international list like this!) accounts were all also
showing the change.

I expect it's "islands of service" which have the DNS cached which just
need to do their thing, really.

But then, clients often don't understand the word "patience." (As we all
know).

Best best regards,

	Joe
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com