[thelist] Netscape 6 Liquid Table Bug

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Thu Feb 22 17:09:29 CST 2001

Elly,

> The technique of making liquid tables work for NN4 shows a problem in
> NN6 in certain conditions.

	I see it using Netscape 6.01 if I slowly expand the width of the
browser window. I suspected that this was a rendering artifact that would
disappear with a refresh of the browser window, but it does not.
	This is a total shot in the dark, but I wonder if, when Netscape 6
is calculating the width of the browser cell as the window and table expand,
it performs a rounding error that causes it to drop a pixel of width? Just a
guess.
	If you have the internal fortitude, you might want to search through
Mozilla's "Bugzilla" bug database at http://bugzilla.mozilla.com/. If you
do, your best bet is to try to tailor your query as much as possible before
submitting it -- I've had Bugzilla each up gobs of memory and crash my
browser (IE 5.01 SP1, btw) with especially large result sets.

James Aylard