[thelist] Trouble Getting DW3 to apply templates

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Feb 22 19:43:45 CST 2001

At 11:04 AM 2/22/1, Scott Dexter wrote:
>I've got a buncha files that I'm trying to get DW3 to apply a template to,
>but for some reason it mysteriously skips over some but applies changes to
>others.

These could be different issues, depending on whether these other files are
just other files, or whether they're already Dreamweaver template
instances.

For "What can cause some template instances to act differently than
others?" then the most frequent cause I see, hands-down, is when the
template instance has been altered elsewhere so that its structure is no
longer that of a true instance of that template. I can't tell whether this
is *the* cause there, for sure, but this is the most frequent cause of
similar descriptions, if I'm visualizing things over there correctly.

jd