[thelist] ASP frustrations

Shaun M. Anderson ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com
Fri Feb 23 11:50:16 CST 2001

Did you use the code from the website?  The code in the book looks like it
should work.

If you copied the code, I suggest you look at the "set rsUsers" and the
"rsUsers.Open" line. (lines 4 and 5)
I don't see anything in this code that would even allow it to overwrite the
code..

What kind of database are you using? Access?

The only thing that could be doing this is the code isn't executing the
rsUsers.addnew.  That has to be it.  It isn't doing the addnew, and you are
editing the current record, then updating the current record instead of a
new one.

Shaun