[thelist] Re: Installing different browsers for testing

Michael van_Ouwerkerk mvouwerkerk at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 12:37:46 CST 2001

Hi all,

I wanted to try this ie4 + ie5 trick, so I downloaded ie4 from evolt.org...
but when I tried to install it, it told me I had the wrong OS, surprise!

So... what did I do wrong? I have a new clean install if win 98 SE, which
comes bundled with explorer 5.00. That means that the ie4 installer will
alert some warnings about replacing more recent browsers, and proceed the
install until it told me my OS wasn't right. That's where it stops. What can
i do to install ie4 anyway?

thanks lots,
Michael

<tip>
If you really wish to tear out explorer, there's a small proggy at
http://www.98lite.net/ that will do it for you. This is an option, but a
slightly risky one of course ;-)
</tip>