[thelist] Localhost + IE + .net = help ?

Ashish G india_design at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 13:38:46 CST 2001

Hi guys,
    I am having quite a bit of problem. I have a
laptop with win2k prof with ie5.5 and .net sdk and
vs7beta installed just recently. This seems to be have
caused a problem in the configuration (I have
absolutely no idea what has gone wrong). Now when I
try to access anything at all as http://localhost/foo,
I get a message from IE saying "The Web Page you
requested is not available offline. To view this page,
Click Connect".
    Further information : In office, this machine gets
an IP address alloted automatically (no static IP). At
home, it is a standalone machine and am logged in as
administrator. When I try to access http://localhost
or http://127.0.0.1 (whether connected to the internet
or not), I get the message :
Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an
application during the processing of your request.
Please refer to the event log for more detail
information. Please contact the server administrator
for assistance. (there is of course nothing that I can
detect in the event log)
   Does that mean that the IIS has malfunctioned ? Or
am I missing something very obvious ?
Any help would be very very kindly appreciated !!
TIA,
Ashish