[thelist] domain: how to purchase from current holder

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Mon Feb 26 00:27:35 CST 2001

> Assuming we are able to agree on a fair amount for the domain, how do
> I assure he gets the money and I get the domain?  Anyone have
> experience with this?

You could agree to use a third party escrow agent, who holds the
registration transfer docs for the seller and doesn't submit them til it
receives and clears the buyer's money.  Analogous to an escrow company you
might use when purchasing a house.

If you don't have a party in mind, there are domain brokers who offer this
service.  One such broker, which I've never used for this service, is
http://www.greatdomains.com

HTH

Bob Haroche

O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s