[thelist] ZapMe!

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Feb 26 15:20:37 CST 2001

> Dear List
>               Hope this isn't to OT but I'm currently wading through the "No
> Logo" book and the author mentions a web browser called ZapMe! which used to
> be standard in North American schools during the 90's.

LOL! We still use that. Come to think about it, they just did a massive
redesign of their internal "tool" site (internal = for those on the ZapMe!
"network"), so I assume they still have somewhat of a following.

> I've tried to do a
> search to find out anything about this browser, more out of historical
> interest than anything else, but Yahoo! gave me just 1 hit for the company
> that now owns the name and it was all just press releases with no real
> information about the product. I'm just curious if anyone has ever used this
> browser & if so what was it like, or was it just IE or Navigator under a
> different name.

It looks like IE from the right-click menu. Dunno if it's an unaltered
version, though.

Shoot me an email offlist if you want more info.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com