[thelist] ASP String Concatenation vs. Response.Write

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Mon Feb 26 16:44:37 CST 2001

> I'm not aware of the timeout in Application-level variables,
> but I would
> assume it is relatively high, if there is one at all.

There isn't one on Application scope variables; they persist for the
lifetime of tha application, which you can shut down from the MMC or by
restarting the server....

(Session variables have a timeout, and the global.asa's Session_OnStart() is
called for each new session; the Application_OnStart() is ignored for those)

>     strOut = strOut & "sgd uses frontpage!<br>"

this makes me laugh everytime I read it...

> <%
> Application.Lock
> strOut = trim(Application("page1"))
> Application.Unlock

Note you don't need to Lock/Unlock when reading from an Application
variable, only when you set one outside the Application_OnStart() ....

cool?
sgd