[thelist] text-decoration:none

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Feb 26 21:21:07 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Aylard JA (James) wrote:

> to a class of anchors. Although not technically invalid, by placing a span
> element within your anchor and setting its text-decoration property to none,
> you are muddying up your code and potentially asking for trouble with some
> browsers. The simplest way to do it is:

Hm?  My understanding is that while markup inside of anchor tags renders
on most browsers, it's one of the major Don'ts of HTML (along with
staggering tags and using multiple BODY tags, to mention a few examples).

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"