[thelist] text-decoration:none

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Feb 27 19:09:41 CST 2001

Karen,

> it does work in the IE, NN 4, 5  browsers.  just curious, is there a
better
> NN6 compliant way to remove the underline from just a few links on a page?

	I'm not sure if others have given you the answer you want -- my
Evolt mail is coming in helter-skelter, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, apply
a unique class to those links which you want to treat differently. Here's
how to do what you want:

<a class="fancylink" href="linky.html">linky</a>

	and within the <style> block in the <head> section of your document
(or in an external style sheet), add:

a.fancylink { text-decoration: none ; }

	Keep in mind that, since Netscape 4.x does not render the :hover
pseudo-class, you can't do any fancy effects to the link to change its
appearance on mouseover, which means that users may have a hard time
distinguishing these fancy links from regular text, especially in Netscape
4.x.
	This approach will work in IE 4+, Netscape 4.x (with caveat noted),
Netscape 6, and Opera 5 (possibly earlier).

hth,
James Aylard