[thelist] Add to Form Select with Text Input

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 28 01:12:22 CST 2001

Chris,

At 11:41 PM 2/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Is anyone aware of a Javascript library where I can find a script that will
>let me add text in an input text box, click on a "add to select list"
>button, and then have the text appended to the select list options?

You might find some useful code at
http://developer.irt.org/script/form.htm. There might be several ways to do
what you want in the "Modifying Select Menus" or "Passing Data and other
interaction between Fields/Forms/Frames/Windows/Pages" sub-sections. I
tried the "Amending Options" sample on
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js020/index.htm, which sounds like what you
need, but in IE5-Win, it didn't seem to work. I'm too foggy to debug it
right now, but it might give you some ideas to work with.

Chris