[thelist] IE 6.0 Previiew to be released

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 09:02:08 CST 2001

>Oh boy!  Another browser to test against!

In fact an IE6 beta (build 2403) is already in the browser archive
(browsers.evolt.org). A colleague of mine found it on a Russian FTP server
and I already did some tests with it and notified Aardvark of its existence.

See http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/ (especially the Browsers page and the W3C
DOM Methods and Properties page) for some test reports, mainly on the
JavaScript side of things.

Preliminary conclusions: good browser, even though it doesn't yet support
position: fixed, which is high on my personal wish list.
Stable, it crashed only when I wanted to test the DOM splitText and
normalize methods.
Slightly more DOM standards supported (mainly dealing with appending and
deleting data.

ppk