[thelist] iMac DV, video capability

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 28 09:49:38 CST 2001

finally looking at getting another Mac... in particular:
http://www.cc-
inc.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?action=techspec&d
pno=952680#scroll

iMac - DV Ruby 400MHz with Extra 128MB RAM FREE!
400MHz Power PC G3, 192MB SDRAM After Free
Memory, 10GB Drive, CD-ROM, Rage 128 Pro, 56K
Modem, NIC, 2 USB Ports, 2 Firewire Ports, 15"
Display (13.8" VIS), Mac OS 9 *$30 installation
fee required.

the catch is that it looks like the only way to
get video in there is through USB or Firewire...
this is problematic since all my clients hand me
video on VHS or 3/4" tape... some give me Hi8 or
digital 8...

anybody have experience getting something with
an RCA or coaxial out into a USB/Firewire in?

how i long for the old days in front of the Avid
system...