[thelist] An Outlook Calendar Standard?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Mar 2 13:58:35 CST 2001

Can anyone help me with deciphering this from one of our partners?

"In looking at the specs for Outlook 2000 calendar they talk about an
industry standard for calendars called iCat which many of the major
calendars are conforming to so that they can be compatible."

1. Is there an Outlook Standard - and if so, what are the benefits of
compatibility to it, and does it lock a person in to MS-centric
solutions?

2. iCat? I remember an old chat software called that, and icat.com has
some dead intel thing, but could this be a typo? eCat?  eCal? iCal?

Any ideas?

Thanks MUCHO mas in advance.

	Joe
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com