[thelist] substring and a join?

Lauri Vain optima at hot.ee
Sun Mar 4 09:35:17 CST 2001

Hello,

 I have the following query:
 "SELECT thara_plane.id,thara_plane.nam e, thara_plane.nick,
thara_plane.bodytext,thara_category.category "
    ."FROM thara_plane,thara_category,substring(thara_plane.bodytext,225) as
bodytext "
    ."WHERE ((thara_plane.category = thara_category.id)) "
    ."ORDER BY thara_plane.time_last DESC";

 I need to select the first 255 chars from the field "thara_plane.bodytext". The
 previous query, however, doesn't work. I have tried it several ways, changine
 one row and another but I haven't yet found a solution that works. Any ideas?

 Yours,
 Lauri