[thelist] web based mailing list manager

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Mar 5 12:29:44 CST 2001

More than likely, you're network admin is just to lazy to do anything
that involves the work of setting up python, so he just issues a
statement like, "Its not secure.." Being a network admin myself allows
me the priviledge of slamming him :)

Anyways.. I'd wonder what constitutes 'not as well tested' in his
opinion, since any web app language is only secure as the framework its
accessed through. In perl, python, C, and java's cases, thats
(typically) CGI, so his argument is rather weak there..

As for well tested, ask him to check out Yahoo.com - I hear they run a
pretty nice site, most of which runs off Python.

http://linuxworld.com/linuxworld/expo/lw-python.html

http://www.perl.com/pub/language/versus/python.html
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Python/CGI/

.djc.