[thelist] Re: PNG support

Valerie Walker VW at raresponse.com
Mon Mar 5 12:32:04 CST 2001

png is really neat-- you can make higher-rez (jpg quality) transparent
graphics with it which will maintain transparency and hi-resolution when
downloaded & opened in PhotoShop (it can also be opened in Illustrator but
won't maintain transparency).

Unfortunately, NN 4.x doesn't support it. Too bad, 'cos it sure is purty...
also, the same image which is 340K in jpg is 640K in png, so it's v. slow to
load.

Another year ends.
All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied.
All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

> Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:03:00 -0600
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> From: "T.Abbey" <Abbey at abbeyink.com>
> Subject: RE: [thelist] IE6 "compatible mode" / PNG support