[thelist] OT- I think...Developer vs Designer

Paul Dewey paul_dewey at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:58:14 CST 2001

I was recently talking to a fellow Developer and we were discussing the
difference between a developer and designer.  I was interested to what
everyone thought.  Is there any HR people out there?  If so how do you
separate a developer from a designer?  I am VERY curious to what other
people think.

Paul

<tip author="Paul Dewey" type="Comparison of Designer vs Developer">
  I have battled this talk for a while and I have concluded the following.
This is just my feelings and so you may agree or disagree.  In anyway it
always good to have another opinion.
  A designer to me is someone that has the ability to make a project ro
website look "pretty" visual and design.
  A developer is someone that works on the back end of the project.  The
person that does most if not all the actual coding.
  Another way to look at it is that a Designer is the Receiver or sometimes
the QB of a football game or project, while teh developer is the unknown or
unseen lineman of the game.
  This is just my opinion, but I am and probably always will be a developer
or the lonely lineman.
</tip>