[thelist] Homesite vs Dreamweaver (round 1)

Paul Dewey paul_dewey at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:14:01 CST 2001

   Okay I started the thread of a good application for replacement of BBEdit
since I am a PC user. (I might be switching to the dark side)  To my
surprise most people has recommend Homesite.  In previous jobs I used
Homesite and also Cold Fusion (Government likes to use these).  In recent
jobs I have used Dreamweaver and currently use Macromedia's UltraDev.  I
personally can never see myself going back to Homesite and I am a Macromedia
Fan (I know Allaire and Macromedia are merging).  I use Macromedia products
like Fireworks, Flash and so on.
  ANyway here is my question, which do you prefer? Dreamweaver/UltraDev (I
know they differ but same maker) or Homesite?  Why?  I am, like i said
above, a UltraDev fan.

Thanks lots,
Paul