[thelist] parsing and replacing info with ASP

Ryan Mayberry Ryan at applicor.com
Tue Mar 6 13:53:37 CST 2001

Hi..

I'm working on syndicating some content and information.. currently I am
grabbing an XML feed and dumping it into a SQL database.  When displaying
this information I need to parse the data and look for elements such as
chr(10) or chr(13) and replace with the appropriate HTML code.

Most of the paragraph breaks I can find and replace with no issues.. however
I am having issues with  '

There are instances where '  is already in the data I have received but
it's not displaying as an apostrophe when pulled into the web page.

The page renders as..

Ryan's web page

instead of...

Ryan's Web Page

If that makes sense to anyone, I hope you also have some suggestions as to
what I can do.

Thanks billions.
Ryan