[thelist] rsi

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu Mar 8 05:11:25 CST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Peter Van Dijck wrote:

> My hand hurts, I got RSI (from using that scrollwheel on my mouse I think).
> What should I do? Not use the mouse for a few days?

At this stage that would be the best course of action.

Take longer breaks... however you do it, remove as much of the stress from
those joints as possible...

What really sux is that when it starts to hurt and/or affect your range of
movement, you need a doctor - and you'll probably get told to take two
weeks off, if not more.

http://www.tifaq.org/

is a good place to go.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"