[thelist] rsi

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Thu Mar 8 08:28:03 CST 2001

At 05:11 AM 3/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
<snip>
>What really sux is that when it starts to hurt and/or affect your range of
>movement, you need a doctor - and you'll probably get told to take two
>weeks off, if not more.
</snip>

<begin rant>
What I think really sucks is the new congress rolling back the ergonomics
rules put in place by OSHA.  I personally love the argument that Clinton
was abusing his authority by pushing through these regs all of a sudden in
the last days of his administration without enough input by business,
etc.  OSHA has been trying to put together a framework for dealing with
ergonomics for 10 years!  And Republicans claim that the issue just jumped
out and bit them on the ass all of a sudden?  And I'm nauseated by the
argument that helping workers avoid becoming injured and disabled is too
costly and unworkable.  Once again, another example of American business
being penny wise and pound foolish.  Instead of engineering business
processes to reduce downtime cost and increase quality from the beginning,
American business prefers to keep processes the same, shorten development
cycles whenever possible, and pass along the cost of fixing mistakes to the
customer.  And workers become just another raw material.
</end rant>

Ok, this post probably requires a tip.

<tip type="Clock synchronization">
In order to synchronize your computer clock to international time servers,
I recommend WorldTime.

http://www.pawprint.net/wt/

It has several features that I have seen in other synchro apps, such as the
ability to cycle through time servers (which are frequently down).  It also
has a really neat mapping system that allows you to visualize the globe in
several projections, plot and calculate distances and astronomical data,
display several clocks for different time zones, set alarms, etc.  And it's
free.
</tip>

Enjoy,
Judah