[thelist] Tweaking Dreamweaver code (was Homesite vs Dreamwea ver)

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Thu Mar 8 11:19:14 CST 2001

>From: Mark Fletcher
>
>Yes that is one way around the problem, however personally I would avoid
>doing this since it is too easy to forget to add a more descriptive text
>label later.

Well, one more clarification for me. The *only* circumstance where an empty
alt attribute is acceptable is in the case of a spacer or shim gif. Since
those particular gifs are of little use to visually impaired users, an empty
alt attribute helps with validation and doesn't impede anyone's use.

The sticking point will be migrating to XHTML, which from what I understand
doesn't allow attributes without values. Can anyone verify that?

David