[thelist] SQL Server 7 replication problem

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Thu Mar 8 11:38:30 CST 2001

Hi database gurus!

We're trying to set up replication using SQL server 7. The aim is to push to
a remote subscriber over HTTP. We've gotten pretty far, but there seems to
be one thing tripping us up.

Every time we try and run the Snapshot agent, we get an error message along
the following lines...

The process could not create file
'\\SBS\C$\MSSQL7\ReplData\unc\SBS_evitbe_evitbe\20010308182051\tblBokning.sc
h'.

As a test, I've gone into the appropriate directory and set permissions so
that the directory "unc\" and all its children hass full access to all
users. Doesn't seem to solve the problem though. Also, the file it is
complaining about is created, which seems rather strange to me.

Any clues anyone?

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net