IE5/mac disappearing scrollbar (was: Re: [thelist] site crit:iaslash.org)

Michael Angeles angeles at lucent.com
Thu Mar 8 13:13:21 CST 2001

Paul Dewey wrote:
> My main
> concern is someone accessing this site not via main browser or browser being
> open all the way.

this is an excellent point, and probably is the clicher for me. functionality
should win out over form in this case. and i agree with others' comments that
this is not the best implemented persistent menu. lance arthur does a nice job
of it. if i have the time i may just try to mimic that slow slide.

anyway, i think my move may be to opt for a more traditional static menu to
replace the persistent one. the arguments against it are convincing.

thanks all for your feedback!
mike