[thelist] CSS in Netscape 4x

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 14:58:01 CST 2001

Hi Everyone,
     I have never used CSS before and was trying to
change the background color and the color of a link on
the mouseover event. The code I was using was
a:hover {background-color: #330099; color: #FFFFFF}.
This seems to work fine in IE 5 but does not show up
in Netscape 4x.

I read some material that says that unless I use a
transparent background, this will not work on
Netscape. Is this true? Is there a work around for
Netscape? I am currently using a background image in
my page.

Thanks in advance,
Asif