[thelist] Tweaking Dreamweaver code (was Homesite vs Dreamweaver)

Mark Fletcher mark.fletcher at vtco.com
Fri Mar 9 03:42:02 CST 2001

Melissa wrote:

> I agree that the tag editor is an indispensable feature, and it works well
> for styling when I'm actually trying to apply the style *to* something
> (i.e., an entire paragraph or table cell). It's less than useful when
trying
> to style words within a paragraph (creating a span for the class) - DW
often
> applies the style to the entire container despite the selection of only a
> few words.

I think you'll find that this has been improved in version 4.0 Now if you
select a few words within a paragraph DW adds the class to span tags rather
than the entire container.

Also in version 4.0 when you apply a style, the class name is written into
the tag on the tag selector. One of the great new features of DW IMHO.

Cheers
Mark