[thelist] List Practices: A good habit

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Mar 9 17:40:44 CST 2001

I've noticed an interesting tendency on this list, and would like to
thank people for it, and encourage it's further usage.

If you take a quick scan at any given day's output here (about
100-200 messages a day!) you'll notice that people tend to use very
clear subject lines. One of the more common habits seems to be to
place the general topic heading first, then the content such as

CF: What's this tag about
Javascript - Form doesn't work
Java - What does this mean?

This makes email filtering so much easier, and it makes wetware
filtering easier too. (I wonder if this is a by-product of the fact
that many of us are coders?)

Nature, nurture or network: Will the world ever know?
--

"Jack me in Jill!"

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com