[thelist] JavaScript help

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Sat Mar 10 15:23:23 CST 2001

Hi,
I need some simple javascript (I know nothing of javascript I'm afraid, I
can just hack it) that does this: when you click on one of many links on a
page, a value gets put in a textfield. When you click on another link the
value in textfield gets replaced.

I wouldn't ask but I know it's supposed to be simple and I need it for
tomorrow...
Any ideas?
thanks!
Peter

<tip type="SQL security.">
"select * from users where password=$pass" is very unsecure if you haven't
escaped $pass.
Because a user could enter something like the following (without the tildes)
~blabla" or 1=1 and id=12~
in his password field, thus gaining easy access.
</tip>