[thelist] Detecting AOL browser (was contract feedback requested?)

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Tue Mar 13 22:43:20 CST 2001

> You *are* aware that some AOL/4 browsers are only Mozilla/2
> compatible?
>
>  Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.0; AOL 4.0; Windows 3.1)
>  Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.01; AOL 4.0; Mac_PPC)

No, I wasn't aware of that, but that's good to know. Thanks.

I also thought that it was not possible to detect AOL on a PC because, so I
thought, it identifies itself only as IE.  But I see from your logs it's
possible to extract the "AOL" from the agent string to detect (redirect) AOL
users.  Is that right?

Bob

O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
P.O. Box 694