[thelist] Speaking of detecting: howto detect Javascript on/off?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Mar 14 10:51:21 CST 2001

That's the basics. I know there's a way to detect if java is turned on, what
about javascript? Is it possible to determine if it is on?

The only way I can think of is having a page with an onLoad() send the
browser to the javascript pages, and a META refresh tag that would fire and
send them to non-jaascript pages in the event the onLoad() doesn't happen
(they have javascript turned off). Is this the accepted way of doing it? Are
there alternatives?

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/