[thelist] Speaking of detecting: howto detect Javascript on/off?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Wed Mar 14 12:29:01 CST 2001

There's another way, too.  I got this idea off surveymonkey.com:

wrap a meta refresh within a <noscript></noscript> that will direct you to a
page stating that you'll need javascript.  Javascript enable browsers will
ignore the refresh and continue, whereas nonjavascript browsers will follow
the refresh directive.

For example:

<noscript><meta HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;
url=/NeedSomething.asp?T=member&amp;error=nojavascript"></noscript>

-joshua