[thelist] Windows 2000 and IE 5.5 (form bugs)

Paul Dewey paul_dewey at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:17:02 CST 2001

To the 2000 - 1 people out there (1 is me).  I have a question: I have
working on converting PERL Scripts to a java servlet that is accessed via
JSP.  One form that is used pulls a file the user has selected from their
computer and the user fills in the usual info on the rest of the form (ie
name, address, e-mail...).  WHen I test this form in Windows 2000 with IE
5.5 I get two e-mail sent out instead of one like the servlet is written.  I
know it is not the servlet because i test the same form on Windows 2000 with
Netscape and it works fine.
  I have also tested it on a MAC, Windows NT with IE and Netscape.  ANy idea
to what is going on?  Right now we have it just bypass or block the first
submit and this causes the user to have to push the back arrow and resubmit.
  Once the user has used the form more than once the problem doesn't occur.
Any idea?

-Paul

<tip type="java" author="Paul">
I am starting to convert myself to a JAVA programmer and I would like to
suggest the book of "Thinking in JAVA" by Bruce Eckel.  It is a great book
for all ranges of programming experience.  It has help me a lot!
</tip>