[thelist] site layout critique

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 04:25:32 CST 2001

Very modern.  I like the bar on the second design that goes over
and down the right.... I really dislike the amazingly innovative
going straight down though, and like the one on the top in the
first design. As for which nav... I'm sort of torn.  I like the
idea of using the same yellow for the main nav as for the actual
text links, (or similar anyway) But the other way also really
stands out.  Maybe if you bolded the yellow version like you did
the blue/green version of the nav.

PS what do you use to create your layout images?  photoshop?
illustrator?  fireworks?  a combination?  I'm curious. :)

Scott
http://spork.ofdoom.com

--- ted serbinski <tss24 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> whats up.
>
> i'm working on a new site and am trying to get it up within a
> week or so.
> i'm on an accelerated process and would like to stop and fix
> any major bugs
> before i move on in each step, so that i don't waste a lot of
> time in the
> end.
>
> therefore i'm asking for anyones suggestions/comments on the
> following two
> layouts and if i should use one of over the other or what to
> fix ect. or if
> there is something inherently wrong that you see in one of the
> designs.
>
> as of now, i'm leaning towards layout2, which does need a
> little cleaning up
> (maybe that solid line under the logo to be gotten rid of).
>
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/tss24/layout.gif
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/tss24/layout2.gif
>
> thanks a ton
> -ted