[thelist] CSS Anomaly

Phineas X. Jones animus at mac.com
Tue Mar 20 09:32:21 CST 2001

Hi all,

I am setting up a three column layout with CSS. I would like all of these
columns to extend from the top to the bottom of the browser window regardless
of how much is contained in the <div>s that represent these columns. So I did
the obvious thing setting their 'height' attributes to 100%. This works in NS6
and Opera (both on mac) as well as (I'm told) on IE5/win, but is entirely
ignored by IE5/mac. I can set pixel values for height, but not percentages. As
IE5/mac is the only browser percentages don't work in, I'm inclined to believe
it's the one not correctly employing the standard. Which doesn't change the
fact that I want to fix it. Does anyone know what can be done for this?

pxj